I learned Reiki in 2011, without knowing what it was, or before having had a treatment before. I hadn’t even heard about it until I was in a very low point in my life and started hearing my inner voice whispering “Reiki”. I was in need for deep healing. I urgently needed more peace of mind. I wanted to feel connected to something again. I wanted to be able to open my heart again. I didn’t know whether Reiki would help at all or not, but I was determined to give it a try.
Through many months of self healing and practicing on others I then discovered my real passion in life, or let’s call it my life purpose: Empowering women to help themselves. I changed my career from working in the biggest marketing companies to becoming an ASCA accredited Energy Therapist.
I consider myself incredibly lucky to be working with Reiki here in Switzerland, where Reiki is being reimbursed by many complimentary health insurances and where it’s seen as a complimentary healing method.
So let’s look at a few facts:
- Reiki has been recognised by the UN Health as a complementary and alternative medicine.
- Just like the other traditional healing methods, such as Acupuncture, Shiatsu, Acupressure etc, Reiki works with that same energy (Chi in Chinese Medicine, Ki in Japan or Prana in India) by understanding that if energy doesn’t flow freely in ones body, this might cause all sorts of mental, emotional and eventually also physical symptoms.
- Reiki is a non evasive type of treatment where the client lies fully dressed on a massage table and the energy is administered by laying-on hands on different parts of the body (on the main energy centres), so that the energy can flow freely to the parts where it is most needed.
- I specialise in distance treatments, where I connect to my client’s energy field via distance.
- A Reiki treatment works well in combination with any other medical treatments and reduces the many side effects of heavy medications.
- Reiki works preventative: ie. people who practice Reiki regularly will find that they rarely get sick.
- Reiki helps your creative flow. Ever since I started with Reiki I feel much more inspired and creative.
- Reiki is used in hospitals worldwide, hospices, during surgeries, in Spas: because Reiki can be used in so many diverse situations.
- Since Reiki is a deep relaxation treatment, my clients always report a higher degree of mental clarity, emotional balance and overall feeling much lighter.
- Reiki can be a spiritual experience if people want to. Generally, my clients who feel lost, stuck in life, disconnected from everything and everyone always report that Reiki helped them find meaning in their lives again, some even their life purpose. (Maybe also due to the increase in mental and emotional clarity).
- Reiki is NOT linked to any religion, dogma or belief system. In fact I have treated people from many different nationalities and religious backgrounds.
So, how to pick a good Reiki School?
Unfortunately Reiki is not standardised anywhere in the world, meaning that Reiki teachers can decide on course content and length etc. You will find many schools offering Reiki courses online or offering all levels of Reiki in one weekend, so that you can become a Reiki Master without ever having practiced. These teachers in turn have not much to teach, since they have no real experience.
Want to have a 20 min FREE chat to see whether one of my Reiki healing packages could be beneficial to you? contact me here.